Tuesday, June 7, 2011

help!!

Well, hello again blog-friends. 
I'm afraid I don't know where to begin...
Since my last post, tornadoes have ravaged Massachusetts,
mostly a few small towns to the west.

Yesterday, I volunteered in Brimfield at the 1st Congregational Church.
They are serving and distributing three meals a day for the people whose homes were destroyed or damaged, and all the workers and National Guardsmen who have come to help. 

People have been so generous and the donations coming in were overwhelming.
The volunteers, prep, service, and deliveries in and out were a blur...
In front of the church there is a huge refrigerated truck that its owner lent the church,
it was a HUGE help.  Charter set up stations where people could use the internet.
We prepared and delivered meals all over town 
and part of our job was to ask what people needed and get it to them.
Things like paper towels, ice, and can openers.
Things we take for granted everyday...

The devastation was heartbreaking.
This is all that stood of this man, Dave's house...

It was overwhelming how appreciative everyone was.

If anyone has anything they want to contribute 
I will be heading back to Brimfield and Monson as soon as I can.
There is so much work to be done and so much more love we can give!!

Please watch this video 
and let me know if there's anything you can do to help. :)
Thank you!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very proud of you, Crystal. Thanks for volunteering! Will you be going back when I'm out of school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love loved your post today, Crys, loved seeing a bit more of the places you live in (hmm, is that correct English, I wonder?)
    I adore all the little churches in the US, especially the white ones.
    Enjoy joy joy your Thursday sweet sweet friend o xx o xx o

    ReplyDelete